The motel owners and employees undertake to provide you with our newly improved cleaning protocol, where we clean and sanitize for your safety and ours.
As our guests can attest, we have always taken great care to ensure the cleanliness of our rooms and property.
At the onset of the global pandemic, we immediately revised our cleaning procedures to include new guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID‑19 based on the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Health Canada and NB Public Health.
Our “WE CLEAN, BE SAFE” program expands upon our current cleaning protocols to include the implementation of enhanced safety measures, such as the installation of social distancing floor decals and a front desk partition, as well as the enforcement of heightened and comprehensive cleanliness standards across four key areas:
Front Desk and Lobby
- Our new protocols minimize guest contact with employees by limiting access to the reception area to 3 guests at a time and 1 guest checking in per reservation. Check-in and check-out have also been simplified, with guests paying for their stay at time of check-in and simply leaving their room key in the designated box outside the main entrance on departure.
- Social distancing measures include the installation of floor decals and Plexiglass partitions and the removal of all reusable information brochures, magazines and newspapers.
- Enhanced sanitization procedures are in place in the lobby and at all guest touch points. Sanitizing stations are provided in common areas.
Guest Rooms and Housekeeping
- Unnecessary items have been removed from guest rooms, such as decorative pillows, bed scarves, paper notepads and pens.
- Our motel room directory is posted on our website and physical copies have been removed from the rooms.
- All room linens are changed between guests and all touch points are sanitized with COVID‑19-approved products.
- All rooms and linens are disinfected after each check-out using a Health Canada-approved fog treatment.
While recognizing the importance of a quality breakfast, our buffet breakfast has been temporarily suspended to avoid unnecessary guest congregation.
- To compensate for this temporary situation, we encourage all guests to make full use of their in-room mini-refrigerator and microwave oven.
- We are pleased to supply additional complementary in-room coffee supplies upon request at this time.
Management and Staff Requirements
- Motel employees follow strict guidelines including frequent and stringent hand-washing Housekeeping and laundry employees wear gloves and masks.
- Employee workstations are sanitized and fog-treated between all shifts.
- Employees are instructed to stay at home if they have any of the following symptoms: “Fever or feeling of fever, new chronic cough or worsening chronic cough and difficulty breathing”